Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Husband!!



As many of you know, I've been transferred to run a store in Las Vegas! In my absence the "huge" job of running a household has fallen solely on Jeff. To tell him how thankful I am for all he's doing and how much I love him... I thought I'd list "10" things that make Jeff so great:
1. Jeff is by far the most "selfless" person I know. He'll put everyone else ahead of himself, usually resulting in him going without.
2. Jeff loves his children more and more everyday! He spends the majority of his time teaching them, playing with them, laughing with them and ultimately ensuring that they are safe.
3. Jeff is so artistically talented. He was always at the top of his class, making the professors have to think extra hard to find any fault with his work. Many don't know that he's won numerous local and state awards for designs that as he would say were "just okay"!!!
4. If you haven't figure it out yet, Jeff is humble...sometimes a little too humble. He very rarely will allow anyone to praise him for anything, always saying "it's no big deal".
5. Jeff is very very smart. So smart that we've all given up trying to beat him at the game "are you smarter than a 5Th grader"! Seriously, he always got straight A's in school with very little effort I might add. Thank goodness our kids are taking after him.
6. Jeff is a very caring compassionate person. He has such a sweet way of letting everyone know how much he loves them! Sometimes it's through his words, but usually he'll just place his hand on your shoulder letting you know he's thinking about you!
7. Jeff is good looking! Once again he won't agree, but I think he gets cuter and cuter the older he gets, and man is he getting old!!!!!
8. Jeff is a very hard worker. One of the reason why I fell in love with him is because he had the same work ethic as my dad. He'll do the hardest, dirtiest, most time-consuming job usually without being asked. Not only does he still do carpet cleaning/restoration work 25 hrs. a week, he is building his logo business while meeting every need for 4 children and a "very" high maintenance wife.
9. Jeff has extreme patience. It takes ALOT to make Jeff angry and it very rarely happens. Usually I'm the only one that can push him to the point that he raises his voice, and believe me it takes alot of "Toombs" pushing.
10. Finally, Jeff is great because he loves me unconditionally. I'm sure that all would agree that I can be a little emotional, dramatic, unreasonable, impatient(I think that's enough). Through it all, he's always there with a hug and a kiss telling me that "he loves me and all is okay". I wouldn't be "me" without his constant love and support.

Thanks Jeff for all you do to just be "you"!

7 comments:

DIAZ BLOG said...

Husbands are a good thing, huh!!! You are lucky to have eachother and I bet you can't wait to come home for a visit! by the way, love the background!

Kim Rose said...

Hey... I knew you would get a hang of the blog thing. LOVE the new background. Very cute!
I agree with all of your post. Jeff is awesome. I love him to death!

Stephens Family said...

Ah, how sweet! I bet that is hard for you to be away and for Jeff to be a single parent...I know I couldn't do it and I only have 1 kiddo! I love Jeff a lot and know he is always there for a sarcastic joke when I need to laugh, a hug when I am feeling down and some good advice when I don't know which way to go! What a guy!

Stephens Family said...

Oh yeah, CUTE background! Good thing you figured that out all by yourself! : )

Natalie said...

He is a good guy,not many men would stay home and be the "mommy" all day. He's a great Dad!
When will they move to Vegas with you?

Heather Anderson-Lane said...

Christie you made me cry! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful husband! I miss ya

Mason Family said...

Miss all of you! Heather, when are you bringing that new baby to see me? I background is cute, thanks to Em walking me through the process(at 11pm)Thanks!!! Jeff and the kids will be here in one week to visit, yea!!!!